Pages

December 15, 2010

GBBD : Pink December

Blooms are in short supply this Garden Bloggers Bloom Day, but I can't complain. From the looks of the other GBBD posts across the U.S., I have a lot to be thankful for.

DSC_0095
Notice the red on the baby shrimp plant leaves.

DSC_0096
The shrimp plants are in full bloom. The weather has dipped down to freezing a few times so I've been covering these shade bloomers. They are fairing well.

DSC_0081
The Arch Duke Charles rose bushes aren't as spectacular as they've been in previous months, but new buds are still opening regularly.

DSC_0091
DSC_0083
I can see the potted petunias and dianthus form almost any vantage point in the house. They're doing a good job perking up the view on days when it's too chilly to be outside.

DSC_0087
DSC_0085
DSC_0086
Finally salvia gregii or autumn sage is living up to its name with a full show right now. December in San Antonio is more akin to autumn than winter, and that's just fine by me.

4 comments:

  1. A gorgeous assortment of pinks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful flowers! It's odd for me to see dianthus and salvia this time of year -- thank goodness for those of you who garden in warmer climates and post the photos!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have always thought the Dianthus blooms had such intense colors - quite nice.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So impressed that your plants are still growing. Mine are all dead or sleeping. I obviously need your green thumb. ;)

    Your yard is still beautiful!

    ReplyDelete