Pages

February 15, 2011

Bloom Day: February 2011

Thank goodness I planted bulbs, otherwise, I'd have nothing to report this Garden Blogger Bloom Day.

DSC_0037
DSC_0031
Grape Hyacinth
I didn't realize how small grape hyacinth are. The flowers' size reminds me of liriope blooms, very tiny. Next year, I'd like to get the variety of grape hyacinth that is recommended for Texas and plant them in the sunnier spots in my liriope bed to mimic liriope's summer blooms.

DSC_0055
Hyacinth
The blooms on the regular hyacinths are still pending, but until then, I can see their resemblance to their grape cousins.

Here's hoping spring comes quickly and I have something more to share for March's Bloom Day.

5 comments:

  1. I like your idea to intersperse them with the liriope. Sounds pretty. Not much going on in my Austin garden either...a few violets!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Grape hyacinth has strappy floppy foliage so I think it would be a perfect fit as long as I could give the bulbs enough sun.

    ReplyDelete
  3. They are small, but they sure are intense!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wish mine were starting up but still a little longer before they appear. Enjoy seeing yours.

    Cher
    Goldenray Yorkies

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sweet. Love the colours of the first pic.

    ReplyDelete