May 9, 2011

Outdoor Living

DSC_0005
The perennials are back in bloom, the days are longer, the birds are fledging, and now I have the perfect place to enjoy it all: a front row seat in my new patio furniture. We bought this lounger and bistro set from HomeGoods more than a month ago, and I love them! I'm still skeptical about their durability, but so far so good; and I figure, if I had to pay a dollar for each hour I've used them, I'd have gotten my money's worth already.

DSC_0076
Previously, we had two nice wrought iron chairs under the arbor. They are durable and classic, but I rarely used them. What I needed was a place to stretch out and relax and a place to set up and work. Now I have both, and I'm in the outside more than ever.

DSC_0006
DSC_0012 DSC_0013
Bailey, my sidekick, never misses a chance to join me outdoors. Inevitably she draws me into a game. Her favorite is jollyball tug of war. She always wins.

DSC_0003
Gideon likes to spend time outside too, especially in the evening when it's cooler.

DSC_0001
Some nights, when we have some extra time, Travis and I fill the bird feeders and enjoy dinner outside. When the sun is setting and the cardinals are chirping, it's like heaven touching earth.

1 comment:

  1. Your lounge area really does look like heaven on earth. Dinner outside is a great idea. I love how cozy your little table for two looks. :)

    ReplyDelete